Take home prints you've designed and made yourself.
The workshop will involve making an intaglio drypoint printing plate, using a plastic plate, before exploring different inking methods to create 3 or 4 variations of the same print.
Participants can work from their own sketches or photographs, or can be inspired by a range of images Cath will provide.
Participants will be introduced to a range of mark making tools and techniques, will learn about printmaking papers suitable for drypoint, and explore different inking methods. We will also create a multi layered collaborative print together as a group and look at examples of drypoint combined with other printmaking techniques.
What to expect
A skilled tutor and like-minded people keen to share their ideas develop new skills in a really friendly, creative environment. There’ll be a break for tea and cake from Saltaire’s famous Edward Street Bakery.
What to bring with you
- Sketches/photos to work from – A5.
- Apron/old clothes.
- A4 folder or something you can carry prints home in.
Price includes refreshments.
All proceeds from this workshop will be used to support the People Powered Press' work with community groups around the Bradford district, amplifying local voices and spreading words worth spreading.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid on the morning of the day on which any workshop will take place.
- All participants will be asked to take a Covid test before travelling to the workshop.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and an air purifier.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: if your workshop has to be postponed, your ticket will still be valid for the rescheduled event. If you're not able to get to it, we will offer you a full refund.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.