Take home prints you've designed and made yourself.
During the morning Cath will introduce you to the technique of drypoint, an ‘intaglio’ printmaking process, where a sharp tool is used to scratch marks into the surface of a Perspex plate, and a print is taken from ink which is held within these marks.
We will print the drypoints exploring different inking methods.
During the afternoon Cath will show you how to explore combining your drypoint with monoprint techniques adding different textures and layers of colour to your prints to produce a series of images.
What to expect
A skilled tutor and like-minded people keen to share their ideas develop new skills in a really friendly, creative environment. There’ll be a break for tea and cake from Saltaire’s famous Edward Street Bakery.
What to bring with you
- A packed lunch
- Sketches/photos to work from – A5
- Apron/old clothes
- A4 folder or something you can carry prints home in
Price includes refreshments.
All proceeds from this workshop will be used to support the People Powered Press' work with community groups around the Bradford district, amplifying local voices and spreading words worth spreading.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So, in the event of restrictions being imposed or suggested, here’s what we'll do to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid on the morning of the day on which any workshop will take place.
- All participants will be asked to take a Covid test before travelling to the workshop.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and an air purifier.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: if your workshop has to be postponed, your ticket will still be valid for the rescheduled event. If you're not able to get to it, we will offer you a full refund.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.