Perfect for beginners (and an Easter holiday treat for anyone aged 12+) we will be going through the basic elements of calligraphy
Get to grips with the tools, learning strokes, shapes & joining letters.
We will work through alphabets and phrases and you will go home with your own pen, nib, practice sheets, guidelines & ink to keep on practising your new-found skill.
"Sally guided us through the workshop so effortlessly, she's a great teacher and it was easy to ask for instruction and support throughout. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and learnt so much."
“I had an absolutely fantastic afternoon with Sally Jane. I have been wanting to learn calligraphy for a while now and never been able to get the hang of it. Sally was wonderful and patient. I really can’t recommend Sally’s class enough! Thank You for giving me the confidence to keep going!”
What to expect
A skilled tutor and like-minded people keen to share their ideas develop new skills in a really friendly, creative environment. There’ll be a break for tea and cake from Saltaire’s famous Edward Street Bakery.
What to bring with you
No need to bring anything. Their calligraphy kits will be available to use in the workshop and take home with you.
Price includes refreshments and calligraphy kit.
All proceeds from this workshop will be used to support the People Powered Press' work with community groups around the Bradford district, amplifying local voices and spreading words worth spreading.
Making the People Powered Press' workshop Covid-safe
Although we’re launching this season of workshops at a time of uncertainty about future Covid-19 restrictions, we’re making sure that the workshop is designed and equipped to keep you safe and comfortable now, and in the event of any future developments.
So here’s what's being to make the People Powered Press a safe, creative place.
- Staff will be tested for Covid on the morning of the day on which any workshop will take place.
- All participants will be asked to take a Covid test before travelling to the workshop.
- The space will be well ventilated, using our in-built extraction system and an air purifier.
- We have sanitiser stations around the space and there are wipes for cleaning surfaces and shared equipment.
- Masks will be worn inside the building if and when official guidance indicates that they should.
- We will provide workspace dividers if and when official guidance indicates that we should.
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: if your workshop has to be postponed, your ticket will still be valid for the rescheduled event. If you're not able to get to it, we will offer you a full refund.
We’ll regularly review all these measures against the latest government guidance, and we hope that this will reassure you that you’re in a comfortable, safe environment, and that we’re taking your safety very seriously indeed.